COCKFIGHTING IN VARIOUS REGIONS OF INDONESIA – Cockfighting is part of a tradition that is very closely related to culture in several regions of Indonesia, even in some places cockfighting is a symbol of traditional ceremonies that are held at certain times known as Tajen which uses knife spurs on the chicken leg.
This tajen event is very popular with the Balinese people especially the men, even today the game of pitting two chickens is still held in several events and there is even an arena that holds this tajen as a gambling arena.
FIGHTING COCK IN VARIOUS REGIONS OF INDONESIA
Naming Chicken in Bali
- Buik, is the name for the Rooster whose feathers are colorful
- Kelau or kelawu, for a rooster with gray hair
- Bihing or Biying, the name of a rooster with red hair
- Wangkas, the name for a rooster whose chest is white with red wings
- Brumbun for “fighting” cock with a combination of red, white and black feathers.
- Sa, the name for white-feathered chickens.
- Ook, the name for a rooster that has a very thick neck feather
- Crested, is a term for a rooster when it grows feathers (crested) on the head
- Godek, for the hairy chicken on the legs.
- Sangkur, for a rooster where his physical condition is without tail feathers.
In the Sulawesi area, this game is known as Massaung Manuk which means Bugis naming for a game we known as “cockfighting”, massaung manuk was only performed by Bugis kings and aristocrats in the morning or evening to enliven traditional parties. such as: the inauguration of the king, marriage, and the harvest. Cockfighting in Toraja has been known long before the entry of the Dutch Colonial in 1906 AD, cockfighting in Toraja culture is a way of resolving disputes for parties in dispute about what cases they cannot resolve on their own.
Also read : TRICKS TO WIN ONLINE LOTTERY
While in Kalimantan cockfighting is no different from traditions from other regions, this game is well known by the Dayak Mualang tribe which is one of the ethnic or Dayak tribes in West Kalimantan to be precise, their tribal name, Mualang, is the name of a hero who has the nickname Manok Fighting / Cockfighting.
Naming Chickens in Kalimantan
- BIRING chicken consists of types of biring sempidan, sengayan, entrokop, sengkubang, tasan, ketopong, terrace, gemirang, sukan, tedung, bengkarung.
- SERAPAT chicken consists of the types of Serapat jelawat, difficult, kenjuar, adung, adung veranda, berumbun, kapioh, trunk, tuntung menduk, tengkuyung, sempulut, champion, bulit difficult, ensulang, sparrow objects.
- JELAYAN chicken consists of types of jelayan entuk, manaling, nibung, sparrow, easy, young matar, old matar.
- JALAK chickens consist of types of starlings lelayang, tengadak, seturit, kukuyat, keratau, grasshopper, tengkasak, bedelak.
- IJAN chicken consists of types of Ijan onsulai, entolak, engkarik, capiat.
- BEBARI chicken consists of types of bebari lentapang, kesak, grilled, gegeranjang.
- BULIT chicken consists of types of bulit kemundang, manual, wild, mentangar, champion, jagged, strait.
- GRAY chicken consists of a type of gray plank, jeruit, semah, giddy, pith, busy, pali, empitu, ensulang, entabalang.
- BANGKAS chicken consists of bangkas lantapang, lelantik, barandak, ensulang.
- BANDA chicken consists of the type of bandar sparrow, tusu.
- TUTUNG chicken consists of types of tutung kapitu, manday, kembuyan, loose.
In the course of this nation’s history, the age of this game is almost as old as the formation of society on the islands of the archipelago, ranging from Sumatra, Java, Bali to Sulawesi have stories about cockfighting, this culture existed before we were born and this is the main reason why this game increasingly popular in Indonesia.
Thus the article about cockfighting in various regions in Indonesia, hopefully it can add insight into cockfighting.…